Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Degrassi-Bright Changes

CH I- Sparkle


ADAM POV-
Last night was a night from hell.  Fiona, the first girl who had accepted who I was- or, what I was-, cheated on me.  With my own brother.  I mean, a girl’s gonna cheat, right?  That part didn’t upset me nearly as much as the fact that it was my brother with whom she’d cheated on me with. 
I was barely able to dial in my locker combination because I was so mad.  I finally opened it, pulled out my books, and stormed off to class.  Eli was already in his spot waiting on me to take my seat next to him; he had a concerned look on his face- he knew me too well and could tell all too easily when I’d been pissed off.

“Dude, what happened to you?  You look like someone ran over your dog.”  Eli said, turning around to face me as I took my seat behind him.
“I don’t want to talk about it.”  Was all that I said as I slumped back in my chair, hands behind my head.  
“Ahh…girls?”  he guessed.
“…and my brother.”  I rolled my eyes.
“Dude…Fiona…and Drew?  Are you serious?  He does realize you’re his brother, right?” 
“Guess he doesn’t care.  So yeah.  She and I—we’re done.  Finito.  Never gonna happen again.” 
“Ahh, well, the slut of a princess, if she is a princess, this is what happens.  If it were my brother, I’d make sure his reason for being able to have kids were removed.”
I just shook my head.  “Whatever, man.  I’m done with chicks.” 
As Coach Carr walked into the classroom, so did a girl, right behind him.  
“Coach Carr?”  said the girl.  She was definitely new; she was careful when she spoke.
“Yes ma’am.  You’re the new addition to Degrassi.  Welcome to introduction to Psychology.  Take a seat.  Anywhere.  Degrassi Panthers don’t bite.”  Coach Carr said, waving his hand across the room.
“Speak for yourself.”  Piped up Danny. 
The new girl made her way in my direction.  She was tall, about my height, with long blonde hair and blue eyes.  She gave off the Barbie doll vibe—pink sparkling shoes, a sparkling silver top and a sparkling purse.  Sparkling head to toe.  Despite this, she gave off a “I know who I am and what I’m doing here” vibe;  kind of a mix of Clare and Jenna- pretty and smart.  
“Hey, earth to Torres.  Pick your chin up off the floor.  It’s gross.”  Eli said punching me in the arm.
“This seat taken?”  the girl piped up, flashing me a…really cute smile.
I blinked my eyes and cleared my throat.  “Uh…it..it is now.”  I said.
She giggled and plopped down beside me.  “Is he going to be okay?”  she joked with Eli.  
“You know, I ask myself that my question everyday.”  Eli said glaring at me.
“Very funny.”  I whispered.
She giggled again.  Wow, she was so cute.
“This is Eli, by the way.  And I’m Adam.  Adam Torres.”  I introduced myself and Eli.
“I’m Maggie.”  She replied.  “So,” she began, pulling out her books, “anything interesting go on here?”
Eli and I just looked at each other.  “You have no idea.”  I told her. 
---
More is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment